Quality Inspector 2nd Shift
Location: Tolleson, Arizona US
Job Number: 13686
Quality Inspector 2nd Shift
Company: Martinic Engineering, Inc.
Primary Location: 8505 W McDowell Rd, Tolleson, AZ 85353 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Martinic Engineering, Inc. manufactures precision machined parts for commercial and military aerospace applications, including auxiliary power units; and electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems. The Quality Inspector 2 nd Shift performs first article, in-process and\or final inspections. Ensures that only acceptable product moves to the next operation and\or shipped
Responsibilities of the Quality Inspector 2 nd Shift:
· Reads blueprints or engineering specifications to obtain product information, such as specified material, surface finish, and dimensions.
· Calculate blueprint dimensions.
· Compares surface finish of work piece to finish on set of standard blocks making fingertip touch comparison to ensure production of specified surface finish.
· Measures dimensions, such as length, height, and distance, between reference points, using precision instruments such as micrometers, calipers, dial indicator, and snap gauge, to ensure product meets specifications.
· Locates reference point on part and measures dimension such as angle, arc, and radii, using combinations of aids, such as surface plate parallel bars, angle plates, gauge blocks, V blocks, sine bars, and precision measuring instrument such as a CMM.
· Performs first article, in-process and final inspections.
· Ensures that only acceptable product moves to the next operation and\or shipped.
· Ensures that all products have passed all inspection, test requirements, and that appropriate records are maintained.
· Ensure that any product that fails any portion of the detailed inspection plan or test requirements are communicated, tagged, and appropriate records are maintained.
· Reports findings to Quality Manager and works with appropriate functional areas to resolve discrepancies.
Required Qualifications of the Quality Inspector 2 nd Shift:
· Five years or more of experience as a Quality Inspector
· Previous experience in the Aerospace industry
· Familiar with outside processing such as plating, heat treat, anodize, etc.
Preferred Qualifications of the Quality Inspector 2 nd Shift:
· Prior experience with APU cast parts
Martinic Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
This position requires access to information, or technology, which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a (i) citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) a lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e. "Green Card Holder"); or (iii) a person admitted to the United States as a refugee, or granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tolleson, Arizona US
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Inspector 2nd Shift
Requisition Number: 771
EEO Employer Verbiage: