General Machinist 2nd Shift
Location: Tolleson, Arizona US
Job Number: 12988
General Machinist 2nd Shift
Company: Martinic Engineering, Inc.
Primary Location: 8505 W McDowell Rd, Tolleson, AZ 85353 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Martinic Engineering, Inc. manufactures precision machined parts for commercial and military aerospace applications, including auxiliary power units; and electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems. The General Machinist 2 nd Shift operates two or more production machines working from blueprints, sketches, and route sheets. Contributes to Lean initiatives to increase productivity and reduce costs. Works with general guidance in a team environment.
Responsibilities of the General Machinist 2 nd Shift:
· Sets up and runs production machines. Performs machine operations (including reworking parts) such as cutting, grinding, shaping, deburring, forming, drilling, and reaming parts, where the materials, tooling, and Sequence of Operations have been pre-planned and established. Makes necessary machine adjustments and reports improper functioning or cutting action for correction.
· Performs operations such as tapping, spot-facing, chamfering, countersinking, and counter boring to close tolerances.
· Aligns and fastens parts using standard fixtures and established methods.
· Adjusts feeds, speeds, and depth of cut to machine quality parts, per documentation.
· Removes burrs, sharp edges, tool marks, or other irregularities from machined parts. Burring operations involve general production parts ranging from the simplest to the more complex.
· Inspects parts for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments, gages, and comparators. Uses various types of magnification equipment to detect and avoid damage to surfaces and critical areas. Visually inspects parts for burrs and damaged machined surfaces.
· Routinely maintains equipment to ensure cleanliness, accuracy, and reliability specific to division
· Accurately and regularly performs all statistical process control (SPC) specific to division requirements.
· Actively participates in lean initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement. Applies lean concepts and tools in work area.
· Observes all company policies and procedures, including safety rules, and maintains a clean and orderly work area.
Required Qualifications of the General Machinist 2 nd Shift:
· Two years related machining experience.
· Able to read and follow blueprints, specifications, and verbal instructions.
· Has working knowledge of machine shop mathematics, may include trigonometry.
Preferred Qualifications of the General Machinist 2 nd Shift:
· Prior experience with grinding
Martinic Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
This position requires access to information, or technology, which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a (i) citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) a lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e. "Green Card Holder"); or (iii) a person admitted to the United States as a refugee, or granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tolleson, Arizona US
Community / Marketing Title: General Machinist 2nd Shift
Requisition Number: 751
EEO Employer Verbiage: