5 Axis CNC Machinist - 2nd Shift
Job Number: 12987
5 Axis CNC Machinist - 2nd Shift
Company: Martinic Engineering, Inc.
Primary Location: 8505 W McDowell Rd, Tolleson, AZ 85353 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Martinic Engineering, Inc. manufactures precision machined parts for commercial and military aerospace applications, including auxiliary power units; and electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems. The 5 Axis CNC Machinist 2nd Shift. The 5 Axis CNC Machinist sets up and operates various conventional and/or numerically controlled machining centers on the most complex and difficult jobs. Works from blueprints, sketches, planning sheets, verbal instructions, and/or engineering, tooling, or equipment information.
Responsibilities of the 5 Axis CNC Machinist 2nd Shift:
· Runs multiple machines efficiently, which may require simultaneous operations. Adapts or improvises tooling to accomplish results where operations require a broad knowledge of production machining technology, operating skills, and shop techniques together with diversified experience.
· Sets ups, adjusts, and operates a variety of conventional and/or special purpose 5 axis machines to perform the most diversified and difficult production operations on work having close and exact tolerances, several dimensional relationships, unusual contours, dimensional and finish requirements.
· Interprets customer requirements from blueprints, complex drawings, engineering specifications, quality directives, charts, tables, sketches, and verbal instructions.
· Interfaces with engineering to resolve drawing errors, suggest design changes, and solve product/process problems.
· Implements manufacturing methods using standard production machines, materials, and tooling. May advise and assist with tooling design.
· Makes complex setups, which may include multiple work piece stations, utilizing custom and standard holding devices.
· Routinely maintains equipment to ensure cleanliness, accuracy, and reliability specific to division requirements.
· Accurately and regularly performs statistical process control (SPC) specific to division requirements.
· Uses advanced shop mathematics, which may include trigonometry, and general knowledge of metal characteristics and other processing requirements.
· Inspects finished parts for conformance to specifications by visual examination, and utilizes precision measuring instruments such as gages, calipers, micrometers, comparators, and surface plate techniques. May be required to use coordinate measuring machine (CMM). Ensures equipment is calibrated in accordance with schedule.
Required Qualifications of the 5 Axis CNC Machinist 2nd Shift:
· Five or more years of directly related machining experience
· Prior experience with 5 Axis CNC Machines
Preferred Qualifications of the 5 Axis CNC Machinist 2nd Shift:
· Prior experience with running multiple machines at the same time
· Prior experience with multi-pallet machines
Martinic Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
This position requires access to information, or technology, which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a (i) citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) a lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e. "Green Card Holder"); or (iii) a person admitted to the United States as a refugee, or granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tolleson, Arizona US
Community / Marketing Title: 5 Axis CNC Machinist - 2nd Shift
Requisition Number: 750
EEO Employer Verbiage: