Location: Rohnert Park, California US
Job Number: 12148
Company: Innovative Molding
Primary Location: 1200 Valley House Drive, Suite 100, Rohnert Park, CA 94928 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Serving a huge range of markets - from pharmaceutical and personal care to paints, solvents, oils and lubricants, Rieke Packaging Systems supplies both boutique manufacturers and the world’s top brands with drum closures, pump dispensers and custom packaging solutions. The Production Manager will identify and implement productivity improvement projects to improve the profitability of the operation. Be a change agent leader; drive the cultural transformation necessary to achieve world class performance by the organization.
Responsibilities of the Production Manager:
· Maintain a clean, safe, work environment and ensure all employees are properly trained and follow all safety procedures and rules .
· Ensure all quality SOPs are followed and maintained.
· Schedule production for molding and assembly based on customer expected ship dates achieving perfect quality.
· Lead and maintain a "visual workplace" – production boards, equipment status boards, etc.
· Ensure Hourly/Daily/Weekly/Monthly production reporting is accurate, without the need for adjustments or additional calculations.
· Insure process bottlenecks are known, perform gap analysis and drive continuous improvement plans to eliminate/reduce bottlenecks
· Identifies and implements opportunities for improvement to KPIs – labor, machine rates versus target, scrap, etc.
· Work with maintenance to ensure machine uptime, including coordination of PM schedules with production schedules .
· Own implementation and daily tracking for statistical process control (SPC) is in widespread use across the molding and lining operations; ensure production takes appropriate response to out-of-control conditions.
· With material handling team, develop and implement production planning & control techniques to improve responsiveness and flexibility (i.e. leveled production, kanban, visual signals, small batch/mixed model production, pull production, continuous flow systems).
· Manage the operators and supervisors – coaching, performance evaluations, improvement
plans, training, accountability, payroll processes, approvals for time off, etc.
· Champion a team-based work environment where operator input is valued and suggestions are evaluated and implemented.
Required Qualifications of the Production Manager:
· Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Business, or related field
· At least 3 years of leadership experience in manufacturing
Preferred Qualifications of the Production Manager:
· Prior experience with Plastic Injection Molding or similar production processes
· Lean or Six Sigma Accreditation
Rieke Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
City: Rohnert Park
Location_formattedLocationLong: Rohnert Park, California US
Community / Marketing Title: Production Manager
Requisition Number: 715
EEO Employer Verbiage: