Director of Operations, F&B
Job Number: 12000
Director of Operations, F&B
Company: Rieke Packaging Systems
Primary Location: 1200 Valley House Drive, Suite 100, Rohnert Park, CA 94928 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Function: General / Executive Management
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Serving a huge range of markets - from pharmaceutical and food & beverage to paints, solvents, oils and lubricants, Rieke Packaging Systems supplies both boutique manufacturers and the world’s top brands with drum closures, pump dispensers and custom packaging solutions. The General Manager will be responsible for the P&L performance of three (3) manufacturing facilities, including safety, quality, on-time delivery, product cost and inventory. The General Manager position will directly report to the Vice President of Food and Beverage, Americas.
Responsibilities of the General Manager:
- Directly leading approximately 90 or more direct and indirect manufacturing team members in Rohnert Park, CA, and approximately 25 in Atkins, AR, and jointly directing approximately 20 in Hamilton, IN. This includes all support groups – scheduling, quality, maintenance, warehouse, material handling, purchasing, supplier management, etc.)
- Responsible for Customer Care and Engineering (tooling and design) and managing the relationship between the operations team, CC and Engineering to drive the performance of the Food & Beverage business.
- Work closely with Sales, Customer Care, Engineering, Finance and HR functions to support the continued high growth of the business.
- Play a key part in the development of the customer relationship through meeting commitments regarding on-time delivery and product quality.
- Deliver the actual sales demand on time and at cost.
- Identify and implement productivity improvement projects to improve the profitability of the operation.
- Participate in the development of new projects to be launched at the facility, and lead project implementation, as requested.
- Be a change agent leader, driving the cultural transformation necessary to achieve world class performance within the organization.
Required Qualifications of the Director of Operations :
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Manufacturing or Business.
- Lean or Six Sigma qualification.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in manufacturing leadership positions.
- Technical background in injection molding.
Preferred Qualifications of the Director of Operations :
· Master’s degree in Business Management, Engineering, or a Science discipline.
· Bilingual in Spanish.
· Experience working with regional based suppliers.
Rieke Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
City: Rohnert Park
Location_formattedLocationLong: Rohnert Park, California US
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Operations, F&B
Requisition Number: 703
EEO Employer Verbiage: