Director of Operations
Location: Ottawa, Kansas US
Job Number: 11743
Director of Operations
Company: Mac Fasteners
Primary Location: 1110 E. Enterprise Street, Ottawa, KS 66067 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Function: General / Executive Management
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Mac Fasteners, part of TriMas Aerospace, is a high-volume producer of standard aerospace screws and bolts, which are globally utilized by original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), aftermarket repair companies, and commercial and military aircraft producers. The Director of Operations is fully responsible for the operations management of Mac Fasteners and is directly accountable for the financial and operational performance. The Director will oversee staff and operations
Responsibilities of the Director of Operations:
· Responsible for managing and directing production activities in a machining environment. Coordinates the production of parts, ensures machines are repaired and running smoothly, and manages Supervisors/ workers in a shop environment.
· Operational responsibility for safety, delivery, productivity, staffing, scrap, and other key metrics.
· Strategically lead the business and operational goals and initiatives
· Establish budgets and strategic plans to achieve division objectives
· Build culture of continuous improvement via, lean, six sigma.
· Drive operational excellence and standardization.
· Partner with supply chain to accelerate operational performance.
· Pro-actively analyzes operational metrics, making and driving process improvements within manufacturing, customer service, supply chain, and sourcing
· Determines business impact from the operations metrics and make recommendations to the business unit
· Works with current and potential customers to promote/leverage company products and services.
· Accountable for driving Lean Initiatives throughout the operation to ensure they are fully embraced and implemented.
· Ensures the operation has adequate inventory, production control scheduling, shipping/receiving logistics.
· Develops a budget plan and manages operation within budget constraints.
· Drives a culture of accountability and results through strategy deployment and effective performance management.
Required Qualifications of the Director of Operations:
· Minimum seven years operations management experience with budgetary and P&L responsibility in a high volume operation.
· Personal culture of Lean and continuous improvement
· Financial, budgeting, and strategic planning knowledge and experience
· Metrics/results driven methodology
Preferred Qualifications of the Director of Operations:
· Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business discipline
· Prior experience in the Aerospace industry
Mac Fastenerrs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Ottawa, Kansas US
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Operations
Requisition Number: 689
EEO Employer Verbiage: