Junior Manufacturing Engineer
Job Number: 11666
Junior Manufacturing Engineer
Company: Martinic Engineering, Inc.
Primary Location: 8505 W McDowell Rd, Tolleson, AZ 85353 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Martinic Engineering, Inc. manufactures precision machined parts for commercial and military aerospace applications, including auxiliary power units; and electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems. The Junior Manufacturing Engineer will perform engineering work requiring application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks. Independently evaluates, selects and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making adaptations and modifications.
Responsibilities of the Junior Manufacturing Engineer:
· Evaluates manufacturing processes by conducting process analysis, applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials, and soliciting observations from operators/production technicians
· Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements, researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment. Prepares work instructions to communicate manufacturing requirements to production personnel
· Refines and enhances products and processes by applying continuous improvement and key lean manufacturing/production principles and techniques to critical or high-impact areas of production
· Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, equipment layout and establishing and implementing "design for manufacture and assembly" plans. Assures process control and reliability for broad areas of manufacturing that may include supplier base as appropriate
· Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods, testing finished product and process capabilities, and establishing standards to confirm and validate manufacturing process requirements
· Recommends and implements changes to manufacturing processes by analyzing production, labor standards, and material costs
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications, establishing industry networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and/or participating in professional associations
· Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements (e.g. environmental, building code, safety, etc.)
· Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses. Analyzes, substantiates, and proposes changes in methods and materials with cost and quality impact
· Shares specialized knowledge with others. Represents company on projects. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional (e.g. quality, design, or test engineering) or project team responsibilities
Required Qualifications of the Junior Manufacturing Engineer:
· Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field
Preferred Qualifications of the Junior Manufacturing Engineer:
· Prior work experience or internship experience in a manufacturing\machine shop environment
· Previous experience in the Aerospace industry
Martinic Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
This position requires access to information, or technology, which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a (i) citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) a lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e. "Green Card Holder"); or (iii) a person admitted to the United States as a refugee, or granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tolleson, Arizona US
Community / Marketing Title: Junior Manufacturing Engineer
Requisition Number: 682
EEO Employer Verbiage: