Group Leader I (2nd Shift)
Job Number: 11278
Group Leader I (2nd Shift)
Primary Location: 7300 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77061 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Supports the coordination of the daily production activities of the one or more following departments: API, Bolts, Heat Exchanger, Spiral Wound, Finished Goods, Soft Gasket Materials, and Materials. Receives and issues customer/stock orders to department. May issue work orders and keep flow of work processing through the department. Provides guidance and direction to the team. Maintains quality and production levels as required. Reports quality and/or production problems to Supervisor. Leads team meetings and provides support to Supervisor including trouble shooting and problem solving. May perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Must have specific knowledge and experience within the department assigned, such as Bolt, Heat Exchanger, Spiral Wound, Soft Materials, or Materials.
· Prints customer/stock orders from Syteline System.
· Issues work orders to for assembly.
· Assures products are processed in accordance with established specifications/procedures.
· Assist in successful onboarding and training of new employees for the department.
· Assures orders are completed in a timely manner.
· Operates forklift and tow motor to transfer materials.
· Operates computer to generate and track orders.
· Able to perform the various job duties within the department.
· Communicates company policies and work rules in a positive manner.
· Must have clear understanding and practice all safety rules and regulations.
· Must have clear understanding of Quality Policy and Quality System Programs.
· May assist other departments.
- Reads and understands English sufficiently to comprehend verbal and written instructions.
- Speaks English sufficiently to communicate in a clear, understandable manner.
- Prefer High School Diploma, and at minimum, a GED.
- 3-5 years experience working in a warehouse or manufacturing setting.
- Ability to lift, climb, bend, stoop, push and pull.
- Continuous standing and/or walking.
- Moderate physical effort- working continuously with lighter weights or frequently with average weights of ten to fifty pounds.
- Good eye/hand/foot coordination.
- Ability to work in cold, hot and/or dusty environment, with noisy conditions.
- Must be able to become forklift certified.
- Must be able to lift fifty pounds independently.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Group Leader I (2nd Shift)
Requisition Number: 661
EEO Employer Verbiage: