Job Number: 11225
Primary Location: 13959 River Rd, Luling, LA 60436 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Lamons is one of the largest gasket and bolt suppliers in the world, committed to quality and local service. By first serving the needs of our customers and employees, we will achieve the leadership position in the global sealing products market through innovation, excellence and continuous improvement of all aspects of our business . The Account Manager maintains current and develops new business in assigned account base by developing relationships with key buying decision makers and keeping them informed on pricing, product application, problem resolution, services provided and general business issues.
Responsibilities of the Account Manager:
· Implements individual Sales Plans and Programs that support the Company’s growth strategy.
· Provides information to management on weekly activity log and itinerary, for forecasting targeted business, changes to annual forecast, how we can convert particular business, what we don’t have, etc.
· Develops formal sales strategy for each ‘targeted’ account.
· Reviews sales performance each month and reports findings to Supervisor. Assesses performance against plan and takes corrective action as needed to improve performance.
· Responsible for communicating to our Customers an understanding of Product Standardization, Product Offerings, Lead Times and Credit Approval Procedures.
· Makes routine sales calls on accounts to position the Company as a leading edge organization in Customer Satisfaction; meets with each account at least once each six-week period and reports the content of all contacts to Supervisor, including business issues and competitive activity.
· Participates in the development of individual performance plans.
· Calls on past due accounts to improve cash flow.
· Ensures Customer follow-up for all Corrective Action problems, issues and concerns; follows up with Customers who have a complaint in the system once a week; travels to Customer’s location(s) as necessary to investigate quality problems.
· Is active participant in all Corrective Action Meetings to stay abreast of Customer, Manufacturing & Supplier issues.
· Develops strategy to be the single-source Supplier of all gasket/bolt materials for Customers and administers program to attain Company’s strategic position.
- Participates in Sales & Marketing meetings, workshops and seminars.
- Implements the strategy for Production Standardization to minimize inventories and achieve manufacturing efficiencies.
- Maintains Customer, contact, usage and competitive information.
- Supplies Supervisor with information to prepare quarterly business review reports for key accounts.
- Works with Manufacturing Management, Quality Management and Inside Sales/Customer Service Representatives to review Customer specifications for improvements; follows up with Customers to implement changes.
- Provides market information back to Supervisor as to the Company’s competitive position, new trends, pricing, new Customer needs and value-added services.
Required Qualifications of the Account Manager:
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· 3+ years experience in Outside Sales or 6+ years of experience in Inside Sales
· Previous experience in the Downstream or related industry
Preferred Qualifications of the Account Manager:
· Direct experience with piping, valves or gaskets
Lamons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Luling, Louisiana US
Community / Marketing Title: Account Manager
Requisition Number: 657
EEO Employer Verbiage: