Inside Sales Representative
Job Number: 11185
Inside Sales Representative
Primary Location: 7150 Exchequer Dr, Baton Rouge, LA 70809 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Lamons is one of the largest gasket and bolt suppliers in the world, committed to quality and local service. By first serving the needs of our customers and employees, we will achieve the leadership position in the global sealing products market through innovation, excellence and continuous improvement of all aspects of our business . Inside Sales manages the interface of our Company and our Customer base to provide immediate information on available products and services.
Responsibilities of Inside Sales:
· Works with existing and potential customers to proactively and reactively sell Lamons products and services through consultative selling.
· Coordinates selling and servicing activities with Outside Sales group and peers.
· Creates and maintains accurate customer database records by entering customer calls, results and order information.
· Quotes established pricing verbally and via email. Pro-actively follows-up on all quotes.
· Develops and maintains current product knowledge. Keeps informed of market, new products or services, applications, regulations, technical information, competition, warranties and product reliability and other general information of interest to the customer.
· Initiates order process through computer, in a timely fashion. Follows-up on as many orders as possible to determine customer satisfaction. Keeps track of follow-up calls and share results with Manager.
· Provides product and delivery information to customers by obtaining necessary information from Shipping, Manufacturing, Engineering or Sales Support employees.
· Initiates resolution of any problems or complaints from customers. Documents complaints and obtains assistance when necessary from departments or employees to help resolve the situation. Responds to customer request concerning product quality.
· Responds to customer request concerning product quality, delivery service, and product information with an emphasis on resolving customer’s issues. Involves Manager when necessary.
On occasion, travel may be required for trade shows staffing, training sessions, Sales meetings or customer visits.
Required Qualifications of Inside Sales:
· Associates Degree in Business or related technical field
· At least 3 years of Customer Service\Inside Sales experience
· Previous Industrial\Downstream experience
· Strong Excel skills
Preferred Qualifications of Inside Sales:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related technical field
Lamons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law .
City: Baton Rouge
Location_formattedLocationLong: Baton Rouge, Louisiana US
Community / Marketing Title: Inside Sales Representative
Requisition Number: 656
EEO Employer Verbiage: