Job Number: 10886
Primary Location: 7300 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77061 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Function: Material Control / Logistics
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Lamons is one of the largest gasket and bolt suppliers in the world, committed to quality and local service. By first serving the needs of our customers and employees, we will achieve the leadership position in the global sealing products market through innovation, excellence and continuous improvement of all aspects of our business . The Planner is responsible for planning materials for production and for releasing jobs as requested. In addition, the planner is responsible for creating, analyzing and distributing weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting.
Responsibilities of the Planner:
· Responsible for the planning and replenishment of assigned product groups.
· Develop, maintain and provide demand and capacity plan for all manufacturing centers
· Create, analyze and distribute weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting regarding excess inventory.
· Release jobs for manufacturing and proactively work to consume excess inventory by reviewing all location stock levels.
· Manages inventory levels, schedules and availability of selected item, either manufactured or purchased, to meet production schedules or Customer demand.
· Balance demand and supply for all materials and locations, review new material demand, repositions materials, recommends repurposing of excess stock materials, issues transfer orders, and job release for domestic and international locations.
· Release and issue Purchase Orders and follow-up or expedite vendor purchase orders as necessary to meet schedules.
· Acts on order releases actions and exception messages from the company system.
· Interfaces with the Quality Assurance Department on the issuance of CAR’s to suppliers to correct problems; follows-up to insure prompt reply with appropriate corrective and preventive action.
· Interface with Accounts Payable to resolve vendor invoice discrepancies.
Required Qualifications of the Planner:
· Bachelors Degree in Business, Supply Chain or a technical field
· At least 3 years of experience in Supply Chain Analytics, Inventory Control, Production Scheduled, or Materials Planning
· Very strong analytical skill
· Advanced skill with Excel
Preferred Qualifications of the Planner:
· Certified as a C.P.I.M.
· Prior experience with ERP Syteline by infor
Lamons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Planner
Requisition Number: 633
EEO Employer Verbiage: