Location: Rohnert Park, California US
Job Number: 10543
Company: Rieke Packaging Systems
Primary Location: 1200 Valley House Drive, Suite 100, Rohnert Park, CA 94928 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Function: Material Control / Logistics
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Serving a huge range of markets - from pharmaceutical and personal care to paints, solvents, oils and lubricants, Rieke Packaging Systems supplies both boutique manufacturers and the world’s top brands with drum closures, pump dispensers and custom packaging solutions. The Warehouse Supervisor maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
Responsibilities of the Warehouse Supervisor:
· Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data computer system.
· Investigates inventory shortages, determine root causes, and create action plans to prevent reoccurrences.
· Maintains excellent physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
· Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results, directing and training employees.
· Maintains warehouse staff job results by motivating, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Effectively manage warehouse utilization and resolve exceptions to daily operations.
· Maintain contingency plans for time sensitive operations (unscheduled absentees, customer issues, systems malfunctions, inventory exceptions, transport equipment issues).
· Support building and implementing the strategic plan for the company in order to meet company goals.
Required Qualifications of the Warehouse Supervisor:
· High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
· At least 3 years of supervisory\management experience in a warehouse setting
Preferred Qualifications of the Warehouse Supervisor:
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Previous experience with ERP
· Previous operations\manufacturing experience
Rieke Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
City: Rohnert Park
Location_formattedLocationLong: Rohnert Park, California US
Community / Marketing Title: Warehouse Supervisor
Requisition Number: 613
EEO Employer Verbiage: