Job Number: 10514
Company: Rieke Packaging Systems
Primary Location: 44 Scudamore Road, Leicester LE3 1UG GBR
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
The Production Manager is a highly important position within Rieke’s management team, responsible for the planning, organization, coordination and control of production within the business. They will ensure quality, cost, H&S and production deadlines are met to ensure customer satisfaction.
The Production Manager will lead improvement activities to increase production efficiencies through the implementation of change management processes and best practices, the optimization of resource utilization and effective talent development programmes.
Responsibilities of the Production Manager:
· Leading and managing warehouse and production team
· Set and implement production strategy in line with business goals
· Create and sustain a positive team environment displaying high levels of motivation and excellent team spirit
· Optimize resource utilization by implementation of an effective production organization through recruitment and talent development
· Implement and maintain Performance Management process
· Ensure that all Health and Safety regulations are adhered to as advised by the HSE manager and that any issues are reported and dealt with promptly
· Create ownership amongst work force of a safety first culture, leading by example
· Ensure implementation and evolution of safety procedures
· Champion a culture of equality and diversity
· Overseeing the production process, drawing up a production schedule to meet customer demands
· Ensure planned KPI’s of efficiency, cost and quality are consistently met
· Monitor the production processes and take appropriate action to meet the production plan
· Identify and deliver cost reduction (productivity) projects
· Develop the work force skill set to ensure sufficient back up for key personnel and processes.
· Coordinate, set up and implement standard operating procedure for all production operations where appropriate
· Manage the adherence to prescribed procedures to ensure first pass quality meets target
· Responsible for reducing cost per pump to a minimum
· Monitoring product standards and implementing quality-control programs
· Implement and drive continuous improvement activities through implementation of change management process and best practices
· Pro-actively support the implementation of prescribed QMS, GMP’s and 5S processes
· Develop and track improvement in reduction of planned down time hours
· Management all elements of the warehouse, including goods inwards, goods outwards and inventory accuracy
Required Qualifications of the Production Manager:
· A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a relevant technical/engineering/production environment
· Understanding and experience of ERP systems
· Excellent knowledge of production and industrial engineering processes
· Excellent mathematical abilities and working knowledge of data analysis/statistical methods
· Good level of competency with Microsoft Excel
· Strong English verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Qualifications of the Production Manager:
· A degree in a related discipline
· Syteline ERP experience
Rieke is committed to being an innovative, world class manufacturer of closures and dispensing systems for the global market. Serving a wide range of markets – from health, beauty and home care, to food & beverage, to pharmaceutical and to a wide range of industrial markets including paints, solvents, oils and lubricants – Rieke supplies both boutique manufacturers and the world’s top brands with innovative dispensers, closures and custom packaging solutions.
Our goal at Rieke is to the first choice of our customers around the world by consistently delivering best value products and services. In order to ensure this, we are committed to being the place where great people want to work!
Rieke is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Leicester, GB
Community / Marketing Title: Production Manager
Requisition Number: 607