Job Number: 10476
Company: Norris Cylinder Company
Primary Location: 4818 W. Loop 281, Longview, TX 75603 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Norris Cylinders Company, a TriMas Company, is one of the world's largest manufacturers of high pressure and low pressure acetylene cylinders. From its inception, the principle objective of the company has been to manufacture the highest-quality products used for the shipping and dispensing of compressed gases, while exceeding customer expectations in value and service. This remains our commitment. The Tooling Engineer plans and designs mechanical tools and processes required for manufacture of seamless steel, high pressure gas
cylinders on a 2,200 ton vertical hydraulic press and a 300 ton horizontal draw bench.
Responsibilities of the Tooling Engineer:
· Prepares set-up sheets for every production run at the forge and maintains appropriate
records and files.
· Manages revisions of set-up sheets as requested by production, quality or engineering.
· Designs, plans and directs tooling for new product designs.
· Monitors and evaluates current press processes and develops ROI on alternatives.
· Improves on tooling design to reduce material consumption, tool wear, scrap, and extra
· Manages all phases of capital projects including conceptualization, design, vendor
identification, timeline and ROI development, resource planning and installation.
· Researches and analyzes data such as customer design proposals, specifications, and
manuals to determine feasibility of design or application considering cost, quality, safety, delivery, and production capabilities.
· Directs and coordinates fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and
systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications.
· Designs products and systems to interface machines, hardware, and software involved with
the manufacture of high pressure gas cylinders.
· Provides engineering support in production department to trouble shoot and resolve
Required Qualifications of the Tooling Engineer:
· Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
· Previous capital project management and design experience
· Prior experience in tool & die design
Preferred Qualifications of the Tooling Engineer:
· In depth knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, and a heavy industrial manufacturing environment
Norris Cylinder is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Longview, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Tooling Engineer
Requisition Number: 610
EEO Employer Verbiage: