Senior Quality Inspector
Job Number: 10444
Senior Quality Inspector
Company: Mac Fasteners
Primary Location: 1110 E. Enterprise Street, Ottawa, KS 66067 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Mac Fasteners, part of TriMas Aerospace, is a high-volume producer of standard aerospace screws and bolts, which are globally utilized by original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), aftermarket repair companies, and commercial and military aircraft producers. The Senior Quality Inspector will ensure that only acceptable product moves to the next operation and\or shipped.
Responsibilities of the Senior Quality Inspector:
· Reads blueprints or engineering specifications to obtain product information, such as specified material, surface finish, and dimensions.
· Measures dimensions, such as length, height, and distance, between reference points, using precision instruments such as micrometers, calipers, dial indicator, and snap gauge, to ensure product meets specifications.
· Locates reference point on part and measures dimension such as angle, arc, and radii, using combinations of aids, such as surface plate parallel bars, angle plates, gauge blocks, V blocks, sine bars, and precision measuring instrument.
· Performs first article, in-process and final inspections.
· Ensure that any product that fails any portion of the detailed inspection plan or test requirements are communicated, tagged, and appropriate records are maintained.
· Verifies Quantity, Customer Part Number and Revision to the PO, MOT and Blue Print
· Ensures that only acceptable product moves to the next operation and\or shipped.
· Compares surface finish of work piece to finish on set of standard blocks making fingertip touch comparison to ensure production of specified surface finish.
Required Qualifications of the Senior Quality Inspector:
· At least 5 years of Quality Inspection Experience
· Prior experience in a ISO9001 Manufacturing Environment.
Preferred Qualifications of the Senior Quality Inspector:
· Supervisory experience
· Previous or current experience with Fasteners or in the Aerospace Industry
Mac Fasteners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Ottawa, Kansas US
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Quality Inspector
Requisition Number: 609