Job Number: 10390
Primary Location: 7300 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77061 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Lamons is one of the largest gasket and bolt suppliers in the world, committed to quality and local service. By first serving the needs of our customers and employees, we will achieve the leadership position in the global sealing products market through innovation, excellence and continuous improvement of all aspects of our business.
The Master Scheduler manages the production schedules for manufacturing departments to ensure on time delivery and inventory efficiency by expediting products and providing input for order completion. The Master Scheduler will develop communication links across the Sales, Manufacturing and Purchasing groups for aggregate planning of demand to capacity and order fulfillment .
Responsibilities of the Master Scheduler:
· Develops and manages the order sequencing process for each department according to previously established manufacturing lead times.
· Prepares master schedules to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to customer orders.
· Expedites operations on orders for major customers and those in turn cycles.
· Prepares production reports and manages the Manufacturing production boards.
· Coordinates with Purchasing to acquire firm dates on material availability and sequences those orders into production.
· Contacts Sales and Manufacturing on orders which may be late and those with no material availability.
· Serves as the principle gatekeeper for all CNC programs to include validation for new product introduction.
· Manages the process for BOM review, order corrections and order accuracy before releasing to the floor.
· Utilize and update ERP system (Syteline) data for production and material requirements.
· Track materials and processes involved to accurately plan flow.
· Improve on time job launch, schedule accomplishment, on time delivery and inventory efficiency as primary measures of success.
· Manages the performance of the platters/coaters to ensure that material gets back on time for customer and transfer orders.
· Ensures all inquiries about plating and coating are answered promptly.
· Manages the processes related to the OPF puller, Material Handling & Receiving Dept. to ensure that material for OPFs are being pulled & shipped on time and material coming back from the platers is being verified.
· Coordinates with Purchasing Dept. to follow up on material needed for OPFs.
Required Qualifications of the Master Scheduler:
· Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
· A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment in a planning or scheduling capacity of multiple part numbers
· Knowledge and experience of ERP/ERP systems
· A good level of competency with Microsoft Excel
Preferred Qualifications of the Master Scheduler:
· 4 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment in a planning or scheduling capacity
· Experience managing multiple production/part lines
· High level of CNC programming knowledge for both Mill and Lathe machines
· Syteline ERP experience
Lamons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Master Scheduler
Requisition Number: 597
EEO Employer Verbiage: