Sr. Quality Technician
Job Number: 10368
Sr. Quality Technician
Company: Martinic Engineering, Inc.
Primary Location: 8505 W. McDowell Rd, Tolleson, AZ 85353 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Performs first article, in-process and\or final inspections. Ensures that only acceptable product moves to the next operation and\or shipped. Ensures that all products have passed all inspection, test requirements, and that appropriate records are maintained. Ensure that any product that fails any portion of the detailed inspection plan or test requirements are communicated, tagged, and appropriate records are maintained. Reports findings to Quality Manager and works with appropriate functional areas to resolve discrepancies. Prepares FAIR\DIP (First Article Inspection Report\Detailed Inspection Plan) and bubbles blue print. Assumes quality manager’s responsibility in there absents.
Specific Responsibilities (Major position responsibilities, duties, or activities in order of importance):
• Reads blueprints or engineering specifications to obtain product information, such as specified material, surface finish, and dimensions.
• Calculate blueprint dimensions.
• Compares surface finish of work piece to finish on set of standard blocks making fingertip touch comparison to ensure production of specified surface finish.
• Measures dimensions, such as length, height, and distance, between reference points, using precision instruments such as micrometers, calipers, dial indicator, and snap gauge, to ensure product meets specifications.
• Locates reference point on part and measures dimension such as angle, arc, and radii, using combinations of aids, such as surface plate parallel bars, angle plates, gauge blocks, V blocks, sine bars, and precision measuring instrument.
• Advanced programing skill using a Brown and Sharp CMM (PC DMIS) and validate them and/or assist manufacturing with part inspection
• Performs first article, in-process and final inspections.
• Ensures that only acceptable product moves to the next operation and\or shipped.
• Ensures that all products have passed all inspection, test requirements, and that appropriate records are maintained.
• Ensure that any product that fails any portion of the detailed inspection plan or test requirements are communicated, tagged, and appropriate records are maintained.
• Reports findings to Quality Manager and works with appropriate functional areas to resolve discrepancies.
• Verifies job packet required paperwork (certs are valid and correct, correct blue print, any specs required and are present and correct, etc.)
• Responsible for Day to Day Planning of Product through the Department.
• Verifies Quantity, Customer Part Number and Revision to the PO, MOT and Blue Print
• Responsible for visually inspecting parts for FOD and other handling abuse.
• Prepares FAIR\DIP (First Article Inspection Report\Detailed Inspection Plan) and bubbles blue print.
• Possesses a thorough understanding of DISCUS and the following sections with in it: o Desktop
• (May) Calibrate in-house equipment and\or schedule for the calibrated equipment to be outsource.
• (May) Maintains calibration equipment list, records of calibration results, and reports discrepancies to management.
• (May) Sets up and tries out inspection equipment to ensure accuracy.
• (May) Substitutes known values, such as dimensions from blueprints into standard formulas and solves for unknown quantities using knowledge of algebra, trigonometry, or geometry to determine dimensions not specified in blueprints.
• (May) Tests hardness of work piece surface, using hardness testing machine.
Accountabilities to Manager:
Communicates with team members and appropriate management to clarify activity/task requirements, as well as advise activity/task status. Analyze problems and develop possible solution. Accomplishes goals and objectives. Works with a detail-oriented attitude. Looks for ways to improve quality management system. Demonstrate initiative and acceptance of responsibility.
Decision Making (Types of independent decisions (1), and management decisions (2) made, based on your recommendations or suggestions):
(1) Independent Decision(s):
• Decisions concerning the quality policies, procedures, internal audits, and corrective action and assure they are being adhered to and are in compliance with Martinic Engineering Mfg., Inc. policies and ISO\AS standards.
(2) Management Decision(s):
Enter Job Description Details Here...
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience (Specific knowledge, technical, managerial, administrative, or interpersonal skills required and\or preferred for the job):
• Capability to calculate blueprint dimensions.
• Knowledge on reading manufacturing blue prints.
• Knowledge and capability to interrupt specifications.
• Familiar with outside processing such as plating, heat treat, anodize, etc.,
• Detail orientated and self motivated
• Ability to make independent and impartial decisions
• Capacity to work in a multi-task environment with minimal supervision
• Written and verbal communication skills
• Visual Acuity: Near acuity and accommodation as required for reading MOT, blue prints, machine dial gauges, and precision measuring instruments used in the inspection of parts.
• Physical Demands: the employee is required to – stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to the floor. – exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and\or exert 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and\or – exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• Working Conditions: the employee is subject to: - high noise levels from operating machines - physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts - breathing fumes, dust and mist - skin exposure to oils and cutting fluid.
Education/Certification/License Qualifications (Formal requirements necessary for entry into this position):
Between 7 and 15 years on-the-job experience in a machine shop environment.
The employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Each Martinic Engineering employee, as applicable to their particular work area and in accordance with the Quality Policy, has the additional duty and responsibility to:
• Identify and document any quality related problems.
• Inform management of the situation through designated organizational
• Recommend, initiate or provide solutions to the problems through the
• Corrective and preventive action program.
• Verify that the proper corrective and/or preventative action to the problem is
• Implemented by management
• Control further production, processing, or delivery of a product until a quality
• Defect is corrected or resolved by management.
• Adhere to company QMS documented procedures\process and report changes through our Document Change Request process.
• Report to management any training needs identified.
• Provide a venue for continuous improvement.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tolleson, Arizona US
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Quality Technician
Requisition Number: 601