Sr. Quality Technician
Job Number: 10368
Sr. Quality Technician
Company: Martinic Engineering, Inc.
Primary Location: 8505 W. McDowell Rd, Tolleson, AZ 85353 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Martinic Engineering, Inc. manufactures precision machined parts for commercial and military aerospace applications, including auxiliary power units; and electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems. The Senior Quality Technician ensures that all products have passed all inspection, test requirements, and that appropriate records are maintained.
Responsibilities of the Senior Quality Technician:
· Reads blueprints or engineering specifications to obtain product information, such as specified material, surface finish, and dimensions.
· Measures dimensions, such as length, height, and distance, between reference points, using precision instruments such as micrometers, calipers, dial indicator, and snap gauge, to ensure product meets specifications.
· Compares surface finish of work piece to finish on set of standard blocks making fingertip touch comparison to ensure production of specified surface finish.
· Locates reference point on part and measures dimension such as angle, arc, and radii, using combinations of aids, such as surface plate parallel bars, angle plates, gauge blocks, V blocks, sine bars, and precision measuring instrument.
· Ensure that any product that fails any portion of the detailed inspection plan or test requirements are communicated, tagged, and appropriate records are maintained.
· Prepares FAIR\DIP (First Article Inspection Report\Detailed Inspection Plan) and bubbles blue print.
· Verifies job packet required paperwork (certs are valid and correct, correct blue print, any specs required and are present and correct, etc.)
· Reports findings to Quality Manager and works with appropriate functional areas to resolve discrepancies.
· Verifies Quantity, Customer Part Number and Revision to the PO, MOT and Blue Print
· Responsible for visually inspecting parts for FOD and other handling abuse.
Required Qualifications of the Senior Quality Technician:
· At least 7 years of experience
· Prior Aerospace and Machine Shop Experience
· Advanced programing skill using a Brown and Sharp CMM (PC DMIS)
Martinic Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
This position requires access to information, or technology, which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a (i) citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) a lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e. "Green Card Holder"); or (iii) a person admitted to the United States as a refugee, or granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tolleson, Arizona US
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Quality Technician
Requisition Number: 601
EEO Employer Verbiage: