Job Number: 10039
Company: Martinic Engineering, Inc.
Primary Location: 10932 Chestnut Avenue, Stanton, CA 90680 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Martinic Engineering, Inc. manufactures precision machined parts for commercial and military aerospace applications, including auxiliary power units; and electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for preparing reports which summarize the business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
Additional Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant:
· Assisting with monthly close procedures, including the preparation of journal entries and monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
· Extracting general ledger information and reconciles general ledger accounts with various registers.
· Preparing daily cash availability reports and monthly bank reconciliations.
· Verifying and posting details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases.
· Assisting with preparing Federal and State tax filings, including Sales and Use Tax.
· Assisting controller with the documentation of internal controls and procedures.
· Auditing of invoices against purchase orders, researches discrepancies, and vouchers for payment.
· Monitoring accounts payable and receivable to ensure that payments are up to date. Supporting AP and AR functions when necessary.
· Reviewing, balancing, and interpreting computer records, and making corrections.
· Assisting employees, vendors, clients, or customers by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, and services.
Required Qualifications of the Senior Accountant:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting.
· 2+ years of accounting experience.
Preferred Qualifications of the Senior Accountant:
· Experience with accounting in a manufacturing environment.
· Knowledge of Syteline ERP.
Martinic Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
This position requires access to information, or technology, which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a (i) citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) a lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e. "Green Card Holder"); or (iii) a person admitted to the United States as a refugee, or granted asylum, as specified under applicable law .
Location_formattedLocationLong: Stanton, California US
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Accountant
Requisition Number: 582