Location: Auburn, Indiana US
Job Number: 25538
Primary Location: 500 W 7th Street, Auburn, IN 46706 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Controls Engineers will be responsible for\nthe control systems and qualification documentation for our growth into AI and\nManufacturing 4.0 initiatives. Successful candidates will be members of our\nEngineering team supporting production on automation design, installation and\nlaunch, as well as new machine controls, drives, and schematics related to the\nequipment.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and develop new machine controls including robotic, electrical, electronic, pneumatic and vision systems
- Develop and support maintenance programs on equipment
- Coordinate with engineering and maintenance on existing machine control modifications to robotic, electrical, electronic, pneumatic and vision systems
- Create, maintain current hard copies and electronic data bases: all electrical, pneumatic schematics, panel layouts, PLC, operator display, operator interface, and robot programs, machine power distribution and all related vendor controls component parts documentation
- Schedule and complete back-ups of all electronic machine controls and robotic programs on set schedule
- Implement and maintain data collection system from shop floor processing equipment
- Maintain and expand existing plant floor machine control to Ethernet gateways, links and connections
- Maintain all sub machine control data highways
- Maintain and update controls portion of machine standards
- Coordinate with and assist company systems personnel with plant floor Ethernet machine drop routing and Ethernet message traffic control
- Complete correspondence, forms and reports using computer and applicable software
- Handle confidential information on a regular basis
- Active member of a cross-functional launch team
- Encourage safety and housekeeping practices and lead by example
- Promote and facilitate Open Door process, effective and respectful communication
- Participate in Continual Improvement activities
- Adhere to customer requirements, Quality System and company policies
- Work in the office 40% and manufacturing floor 60%.
- Be able to lift 20 lbs.
- 50% computer and 50% equipment.
- University degree in a technical field and 3 years direct work experience or a minimum 8 years direct manufacturing experience.
- Proficiency using lean manufacturing tools.
- Programmable Logic Controllers (3 years)
- Desire to promote the success of the organization and team members by following through on tasked activities working on time and to budget.
- Ability to work well with others; build and maintain positive employee relations.
- Exhibit a high level of flexibility and ability to multi-task at all times.
- Positive personality to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees and suppliers
- Competent in reading and interpreting schematics and mechanical drawings
- Able to maintain confidentiality, and use discretion and tact
Location_formattedLocationLong: Auburn, Indiana US
Community / Marketing Title: Controls Engineer
Requisition Number: 1708
EEO Employer Verbiage: