Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Number: 24047
Primary Location: 7300 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77061 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
The Logistics Analyst position provides analytical support to the transportation and logistics function that includes both Domestic and International logistics. Primary responsibilities include serving as liaison between logistics vendors and Lamons, gather and analyze logistics data and financial reports, completing transportation related cost savings analysis, and contract document management. Key areas of vendor management include monthly carrier scorecard generation. Monitors compliance through monthly reports, KPI and metrics monitoring.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Liaison with logistics providers and Lamons business units to understand operational and system issues that impact the Supply Chain organization; develop and drive strategies for improvement
2. Responsible for preparing statistical data for contract negotiations and support the negotiations.
3. Identify logistics areas for process improvement and cost savings to ensure expectations are met.
4. Assist in the development and implementation of long- and short-term objectives and transportation programs, which may include carrier selection, systems applications, third-party programs, and ad-hoc reporting, to ensure programs and efforts are directed toward achieving company goals
5. Initiate corrective action to assure objectives are met and assist in the establishment and administration of policies, procedures and systems
6. Participate in the development of goals and costs management; work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
7. Manage data; transportation mode analysis and transportation past and present performance to identify problems and provide recommendations that drive logistics improvements
8. Collaborate with others to improve efficiency, productivity and processes.
9. Conducts system and functional research
10. Exercise judgment in selecting methods and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
11. Analyze monthly freight reports provided by our freight bill audit company and Lamons system to identify opportunities for service improvements or cost reductions.
12. Evaluate existing capabilities and establish new systems and processes for the tracking, measurement, reporting, and analysis of all traffic.
13. Develop and maintain metrics data and provide weekly/monthly reports designed to measure performance, identify costs and provide guidance for logistics and operational planning
14. Complete miscellaneous transportation and logistics cost analysis as requested by management
15. Assist in other projects as needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Education and/or Experience
Required: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in transportation, logistics, supply chain management, finance or related field; and at least two years proven experience in a logistics, transportation or finance related role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred: Masterâ€™s degree (M.A.) or equivalent, and five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills, Abilities and Competencies
Required: Strong leadership skills and the ability to collaborate with others within a corporate structure (e.g. treasury, finance, operations, etc.). Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and excel at meeting tight deadlines and time management. Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize in fast-paced, results-based team environment. Highly effective interpersonal, presentation and communication skills and ability to effectively present complex information and data to management and various groups. Strong contract management and administration capabilities. Exceptional analytical, research and problem solving skills. Very detail-oriented with strong organizational skills. Must be self-motivated and self-starter with excellent follow-up.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Logistics Analyst
Requisition Number: 1511
EEO Employer Verbiage: