Location: Bloomfield Hills, Michigan US
Job Number: 25096
Payroll Analyst - (req1669)
Company: TriMas Corporation
Primary Location: 38505 Woodward Avenue, Suite 200, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
About TriMas Corporation
We are a diversified global manufacturer of engineered products that serve a variety of industrial, commercial and consumer end markets worldwide. Our family of businesses provide customers with innovative product solutions under well-recognized brands and have leadership positions in the niche markets they serve. TriMas has approximately 4,000 employees in 16 countries and is headquartered in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. For further information about TriMas, please visit our website www.trimascorp.com .
Main Duties & Responsibilities
The Payroll Analyst is responsible for maintaining, analyzing and processing payroll information. Responsibilities include the timely and accurate processing of multi-state company payrolls on various pay cycles for hourly union, non-union and exempt status employees.
Maintains the utmost confidentially in dealing with employee records and business information.
1. Performs direct entry of employee indicative data into the core HRIS System - ADP EV5.
2. Processes weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly payrolls ensuring accurate and timely payments to employees.
3. Identifies, calculates and inputs adjustments as necessary; balances and processes payroll reports ensuring accuracy and compliance with all laws and regulations.
4. Maintains employee records and implements payroll deductions for garnishments, tax levies and child support enforcement orders.
5. Calculates and processes manual payroll adjustments.
6. Responds verbally or in writing to inquires or problems regarding payroll matters in a timely manner.
7. Maintains current knowledge of applicable local, state and federal payroll and related tax regulations, legislation and guidelines including, but not limited to: writs of garnishment, child support, and levies.
8. Reviews and ensures employee changes are entered correctly.
9. Reviews and audits annual W-2s and other year end reports ensuring correct information.
10. Embraces all TriMas Core Values, including Continuous Improvement, by actively participating in meetings to raise identified issues, recommend solutions and share ideas to improve current processes and procedures to continuously drive efficiencies within the payroll function.
11. Provides project implementation support, as needed.
Education and/or Experience
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent and experience working in office/corporate environment.
Preferred: Some college and minimum of one year related payroll experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience equivalent work experience required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities
Excellent customer service skills. Ability to work independently or as a team member. Strong communication skills (interpersonal, formal presentation, and written) and strong technical and organization skills. Must be self-motivated with a strong desire to learn. Maintain confidential information. Ability to meet deadlines and productivity standards. Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully, and use reason even when dealing with emotional topics. Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; solicit customer feedback to improve service, respond to request for service and assistance, meet commitments. Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
Intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access). Proficiency u sing Excel, including prior experience with formulas, VLOOKSUPs and pivot tables.
ADP Enterprise payroll/HRIS and timekeeping experience preferred.
No agencies or third party contacts please.
City: Bloomfield Hills
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bloomfield Hills, Michigan US
Community / Marketing Title: Payroll Analyst
Requisition Number: 1669
EEO Employer Verbiage: