Accounts Payable Manager
Location: Auburn, Indiana US
Job Number: 24986
Accounts Payable Manager
Primary Location: 500 W 7th Street, Auburn, IN 46706 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Accounts Payable Supervisor supports all aspects of accounts payable and ensures that all deadlines are met with the highest degree of accuracy while adhering to US GAAP and documented SOX Processes.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure all AP processes comply with US GAAP and SOX
- Determine accuracy of GL accounts on each voucher
- Manage accurate GL accounts, DOAs, vendor lists and exception routing spreadsheets
- Manage external processing team.
- Lead projects that drive the accounts payable vouchering process to external processing center. Continue to identify opportunities to make improvements to existing process.
- Manage approval process for invoice payments; processes all company payments in a timely manner.
- Resolve voucher exceptions as identified by 3 rd party processing service.
- Interfaces with appropriate departments to secure proper SOX and DOA payment approvals.
- Prepares accounts payable payments.
- Oversees maintenance of accounts payable files and records.
- Prepares 1099s.
- Responds to all vendor and employee inquiries regarding invoices, expenses, and check requests; resolves invoice discrepancies.
- Prepares and prints accounts payable and voucher payable reports; reviews and reconciles periodic reports to maintain current reconciliation status for cash and disbursement accounts.
- Weekly cash disbursement forecasts
- Analyzes and tracks accounts payable amounts; prepares analysis of accounts as required.
- Assists with monthly closings and bank statement reconciliation.
- Confirm intercompany balances.
- Prepare month end journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Assists with related special projects as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Proficient in US GAAP and SOX compliance
- At least 5 years of related experience
- Accounting Degree preferred
- General Accounting experience
- Experience in running a multisite A/P environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and experience with ERP accounts payable systems.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Auburn, Indiana US
Community / Marketing Title: Accounts Payable Manager
Requisition Number: 1654
EEO Employer Verbiage: