Human Resources Generalist
Location: Rohnert Park, California US
Job Number: 24967
Human Resources Generalist
Primary Location: 1200 Valley House Drive, Suite 100, Rohnert Park, CA 94928 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Function: Human Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
We have an exciting opportunity for an HR Generalist for a dynamic company in Sonoma County . The HR Generalist supports the day-to-day human resources activities of the Rohnert Park, CA and Atkins, AR plants . Administers HR plant requirements, including staffing, employee relations, safety, workersâ€™ compensation, benefits, training and record retention. Coordinates priorities and workflow with HR manager. Must be fluent in English and Spanish .
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Recruit, transfer and promote qualified hourly candidates for open positions, in a timely manner, working with hiring managers to ensure adequate staffing levels.
- Manage the FMLA process to include tracking of time, distribution of forms, follow-up with employees, review (including approving/denying and verifying) FMLA requests.
- Prepare new hire paperwork and conduct new hire orientations.
- Communicate benefits to newly eligible employees and process enrollment paperwork.
- Process employment paperwork, keeping Payroll and Benefits apprised of active and inactive employees.
- Create and accurately maintain physical and electronic personnel files.
- Create and maintain I-9, EEO, training, medical/legal, attendance, and workerâ€™s compensation records for the facilities. Update and audit regularly.
- Provide guidance to employees and supervisors on matters which involve employment. Answer routine inquiries.
- Investigate and document complaints involving policy violations.
- Provide support to supervisors/managers on compliance, disciplinary and/or termination matters.
- Process workmenâ€™s compensation-related paperwork and follow-up with injured to ensure an expeditious return to work.
- Partner with the management team providing support on HR initiatives including Performance Management, Technical Skills Analysis, Succession Planning, Employee Training and Development, etc.
- Participate on the safety committee and support safety initiatives.
- Plan, coordinate and assist with events, communication initiatives, and special projects (employee engagement activities, wellness programs, employee newsletter).
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement efforts of the Human Resources function.
- Perform special projects or other duties as required.
- BA degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of HR generalist experience, ideally in manufacturing.
- Knowledge of California State and Federal employment laws and regulations.
- Fluent written and verbal Bi-lingual skills in English and Spanish.
- Excellent interpersonal skill and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels with tact and diplomacy.
- Highly organized detail-oriented self-starter capable of prioritizing workflow and ensuring follow-up.
- Professional presence. Able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, and Power Point.
City: Rohnert Park
Location_formattedLocationLong: Rohnert Park, California US
Community / Marketing Title: Human Resources Generalist
Requisition Number: 1652
EEO Employer Verbiage: