Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Number: 24541
Primary Location: 7300 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77061 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Maintains current and develops new business in assigned account base by developing relationships with key buying decision makers and keeping them informed on pricing, product application, problem resolution, services provided and general business issues. Responsible for managing account base to produce growth in keeping with the overall growth strategy of the company.
- Implements individual Sales Plans and Programs that support the Companyâ€™s growth strategy.
- Provides information to management on what needs to be done in order to continue the growth of the IsoTek Product Line.
- Develops formal sales strategy for each â€targetedâ€™ IsoTek account and market segment which could include:
- AML/Specification work
- Stocking Programs
- Branding Programs
- Monthly Lunch-and-Learn Programs
- Pricing Strategy
- Reviews sales performance each month and reports findings to IsoTek General Manager. Assesses performance against plan and takes corrective action as needed to improve performance.
- Responsible for communicating to our Customers an understanding of Product Standardization, Product Offerings, Lead Times and Credit Approval Procedures.
- Makes routine sales calls on accounts to position the Company as a leading-edge organization in Customer Satisfaction;
- Participates in the development of individual performance plans.
- Adheres to Travel & Entertainment Policy and budget requirements.
- Ensures Customer follow-up for all Corrective Action problems, issues and concerns; follows up with Customers who have a complaint in the system once a week; travels to Customerâ€™s location(s) as necessary to investigate quality problems.
- Is active participant in all Corrective Action Meetings to stay abreast of Customer, Manufacturing & Supplier issues.
- Develops strategy to be the single-source Supplier of all Isolation Gasket materials for Customers and administers program to attain Companyâ€™s strategic position.
- Participates in Sales & Marketing meetings, workshops and seminars.
- Maintains Customer, contact, usage and competitive information.
- Supplies IsoTek General Manager with information to prepare quarterly business review reports for key accounts and market segments.
- Works with Manufacturing Management, Quality Management and Inside Sales/Customer Service Representatives to review Customer specifications for improvements; follows up with Customers to implement changes.
- Provides market information back to IsoTek General Manager as to the Companyâ€™s competitive position, new trends, pricing, new Customer needs and value-added services.
- Knowledge of gasket and/or oil and gas industry.
- Selling techniques which include the ability to negotiate, motivate, persuade and the ability to perform effective presentations;
- Conflict Resolution & Problem-Solving Skills;
- Knowledge of Computerized Information Systems, including software and hardware.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Some college level work
- Minimum of three (3) yearsâ€™ experience preferred as an Outside Sales Representative in an industrial, oil and gas, or petrochemical sales.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, and make presentations in front of small, as well as large groups where there is intense pressure to persuade the audience.
- Ability to listen intently to hear with understanding.
- Visual acuity to process information.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Account Manager
Requisition Number: 1580
EEO Employer Verbiage: