Job Number: 24306
Primary Location: Sarnia CAN
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Function: General / Executive Management
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
This position leads the sales, service and support functions for local customers by expecting the highest level of quality, service and support from immediate staff and Houston. This position has responsibility for managing the companyâ€™s relationship with current major accounts and for developing new business with target accounts. Manage and implement sales strategies for current assigned major account base and develop new major target accounts. Develop partnerships with key internal and external decision-makers at the corporate level and keep them informed on pricing, product application, and problem resolution, services provided and general business issues and trends. Accept single point accountability for managing major accounts to meet or exceed plan and to produce growth in keeping with the overall strategy of the company. Supervises the locationâ€™s Inside Sales group and support positions as well as coordinates communication efforts with Sales, Manufacturing, and Administration in Houston.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes, and implements the necessary controls and measurements to insure efficient, cost-effective manufacturing operation that obtains its objectives in the area of Productivity, Cost, Quality and Customer Satisfaction.
- Develops operating budget, measures results against plan and develops actions to correct any deficiencies. Reviews monthly results, communicates results to all plant personnel to keep them informed and involved.
- Implements individual Sales Plans and Programs developed with the VP of Sales & Marketing that support the companyâ€™s growth strategy.
- Provide information to Houston as required, for forecasting targeted business, changes to annual forecast, how we can convert particular business, what we donâ€™t have, etc.
- Develop formal sales strategy for each â€targetedâ€™ account.
- Reviews sales and operation performance each month and reports findings to Houston. Assesses performance against plan and takes corrective action as needed to improve performance.
- May accompany outside sales persons on routine sales calls on accounts to position the company as a leading edge organization in Customer Satisfaction; meet with each account at least once annually and report the content of all contacts to Houston, including business issues and competitive activity.
- Sets annual goals and objectives for subordinate and participates in the development of individual performance plans.
- Responsible for manufacturing area safety, health and environmental policies and procedures implementation; insure monthly audits are conducted and develops corrective action as required.
- May accompany outside sale persons to call on past due accounts to improve cash flow.
- Develops formal Performance Plans for all personnel; implements review process to enhance performance against plan.
- Adhere to Travel & Entertainment Policy and budget requirements.
- Ensures outside salespersons follow up with customers for returns or problems, issues and concerns; may travel to customerâ€™s location as necessary to investigate quality problems.
- Implements Company policies and procedures including, but not limited to, personnel, financial, safety, environmental, quality and salary administrations.
- Is active participant in all quality issues and stays abreast of customer, manufacturing & supplier issues.
- Develops strategy to be single-source supplier of all fluid sealing products for customers and administers program to attain companyâ€™s strategic position.
- Develops plans and activities to insure facility becomes and maintains ISO-9002 certification, including Quality policies, procedures, instructions, training and documentation.
- Maintain Customer, contact, usage, and competitive information.
- Implements, communicates and develops means and methods to keep employees informed, involved and active participants in the ownership of the processes.
- Supply Houston with information to prepare HBR and quarterly business review reports for TriMas.
- May purchase or approve purchase of all raw materials and MRO items to insure minimal inventory levels are maintained and best cost, service and delivery are obtained.
- Work with Manufacturing Management, Quality Management and Customer Service Representatives to review Customer specifications for improvements; follow up with Customers to implement changes.
- Provide market information back to Houston as to the Companyâ€™s competitive position, new trends, pricing, new Customer needs and value-added services.
Bachelorsâ€™ degree desirable or 5 yearsâ€™ equivalent experience preferably in the chemical and/or petrochemical industry.
Up to three (3) years successful experience in either a Sales or Manufacturing Management role, preferably where incumbent would have had multi-tasks and functions responsibilities;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, and make presentations in front of small, as well as large groups where there is intense pressure to persuade the audience.
- Ability to listen intently to hear with understanding.
- Visual acuity to process information.
- Able to travel distances in automobile or airplane.
- Some locations may have additional positions
Community / Marketing Title: Branch Manager
Requisition Number: 1548
EEO Employer Verbiage: