Davenport SUO A
Location: Commerce, California US
Job Number: 23826
Davenport SUO A
Company: Monogram Aerospace Fasteners
Primary Location: 3423 S Garfield Avenue, Commerce, CA 90040 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Monogram Aerospace Fasteners, part of TriMas Aerospace, is the leading designer, developer and manufacturer of permanent blind bolts and temporary fasteners used in commercial, business and military aircraft construction and assembly. Monogram, as a recognized leader in blind bolt technology, remains committed to leading the industry in the manufacturing of innovative fasteners and solving unique problems for our customers.
JOB SUMMARY: Sets-up completely and independently and operates at least two Davenport machine tools to concurrently perform highly complex machining operations such as knurling, threading, grinding, drilling, etc. on various sizes and types of complex production parts to required exacting tolerances per blueprint or other specifications. Troubleshoots or reworks problems with machinery or machines and makes necessary repairs to machines.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Independently, with minimal or no supervision or review, performs the following:
1. Sets up completely and independently Davenport multi-spindle screw machine making required adjustments to diameters, grip lengths, cut depths, etc. to tolerances of Â± .0001. Uses various support tools and equipment such as wrenches, pliers, calipers, micrometers etc. to set-up, maintain and repair machines. Plans sequence of machining operations using highest level journeyman machining theory to optimize material utilization, minimize set-ups, maximize machine usage, etc.
2. Loads workpieces, positions and secures to holding device. Verifies workpiece position. Selects feed rate, cutting speed, depth of cut, tooling, cams, springs, collets and other variable tasks and items based upon most efficient methods to produce parts using various materials and cutting/finishing tooling. Adapts tooling, cams etc. adjusting or modifying same to ensure proper machining or machine functioning.
3. Reads blueprints or other documentation to visualize parts to be machined. Checks initial parts including 1st article to exacting tolerances. Applies SPC principles and practices to production runs. Visually checks work in progress to assure proper functioning of equipment.
4. Troubleshoots or reworks any problems with machining or machines operated. Analyzes problems and takes corrective action within delegated authority. Demonstrates highest level of ingenuity in adapting tooling, condensing setups, making shop aids, etc. Repairs or modifies tools.
5. Provides necessary counts, processes documentation correctly, and maintains daily production logs using computer software applications or production worksheets. Keeps interim records for subassemblies, material, tooling, rework, etc. while in the cell. Operates computer terminals to input data as required.
6. Works as an active team member by participating in problem solving, team building, and all other team activities to improve the processes, productivity, quality, etc. of the production operations in a cell. Uses interpersonal skills as well as good written and verbal communications. Assists other cell members as required.
Demonstrated ability to read and write English of a level required in Company shop documents and computer software entry and processing requirements. Must be capable of applying mathematical operations using fractions, decimals, trigonometry and geometry as required by highly complex cell machining operations. Specific knowledge of advanced machine shop theory regarding Davenport bar and chucker machines. Generally equivalent to high school graduate with 2 to 4 years technical school training or equivalent.
Requires 5 years at journeyman level or equivalent advanced skills and knowledge expertise in the set-up and operation of Davenport bar or chucker machines, tools and equipment which are similar or comparable to those used by the Company and which are necessary to fulfill job requirements. Must have specific experience with titanium, enconel and other exotic metals machined by Company. Must have demonstrated the capability to set-up and operate the Davenport machine required in the cell to the level of journeyman and beyond in certain specialized machining operations. Must have held linear and diameter tolerances to Â± .0005, T.I.R. to Â± .001 for threading, etc. Must read precision measuring instruments such as calipers and micrometers and engineering diagrams similar or comparable to those used in machine tooling operations by the Company. Must be able to adapt loading systems to ensure efficient machine operations. Demonstrated experience with troubleshooting complex machining problems.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Commerce, California US
Community / Marketing Title: Davenport SUO A
Requisition Number: 1477
EEO Employer Verbiage: