Location: Ottawa, Kansas US
Job Number: 22346
Company: Mac Fasteners
Primary Location: 1110 E. Enterprise Street, Ottawa, KS 66067 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
About Mac Fasteners
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Mac Fasteners, part of TriMas Aerospace, is a high-volume producer of standard aerospace screws and bolts, which are globally utilized by original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), aftermarket repair companies, and commercial and military aircraft producers.
The Header Operator will be responsible for setting up and operating our single and multi-die headers for manufacturing precision aircraft quality fasteners and making all adjustments necessary to produce parts of acceptable quality and in accordance with aircraft specifications. Additionally, the Header Operator will be tasked to meet and maintain all productivity levels and quality requirements to support departmental goals and schedules.
Responsibilities of the Header Operator:
- Read and interpret blue prints, drawings, and manufacturing work orders
- Ascertain what tools and materials are necessary for producing products
- Set up and operate all assigned headers and their related products
- Modify settings and adjustments required to produce parts to specifications
- Select, mount, and align tooling attachments and materials in proper order and relationship
- Load machines with raw material and monitor production run using measuring devices such as comparators, micrometers, calipers, and various other inspect gauges
- Rework and direct reworking of tooling as needed
- Keep accurate statistical process control records on each job manufactured and adjustments during production run as the SPC data directs
- Provide training to departmental personnel for all aspects of machine set up and operation
- Perform record keeping, data entry, housekeeping, and minor preventative maintenance on assigned machines
Required Qualifications of the Header Operator:
- 3 yearsâ€™ minimum machining experience in a manufacturing environment
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to work with minimum supervisory guidance
- Ability to read and interpret basic blueprints, drawings, sketches and verbal instructions
Preferred Qualifications of the Header Operator:
- Header operator experience (single and/or multi-die)
- Aerospace fasteners manufacturing experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to kneel, crouch, or crawl and must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical
parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Mac Fasteners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Ottawa, Kansas US
Community / Marketing Title: Header Operator
Requisition Number: 1169
EEO Employer Verbiage: