Job Number: 11002
Primary Location: 7300 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77061 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Uses correct and efficient trouble-shooting techniques when solving machine problems.
Maintains critical equipment according to manufacturer recommendation. Reports quality and/or technical problems to the department manager. May perform other duties as assigned by the department manager.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Receives repair orders from department manager or other managers.
· Assures that maintenance/repairs are completed in accordance with established procedures. Assures Lock out/Tag out applied correctly.
· Troubleshoots complex repairs.
· Is responsible for maintaining agreed stock of spare parts for critical equipment.
· Assures that maintenance/repair is completed in a timely manner.
· Maintains a clean work area.
- Must be able to reasonably understand English to comprehend instructions as needed.
- Computer skills sufficient to find sources of spare parts and manuals for Machines.
- Ability to weld, machine parts using lathes and mills.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical issues on CNC mills and Lathes.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Some college or technical training required.
- 7-10 years experience as a Maintenance CNC technician including machine/mechanical and electrical equipment repair/servicing. Possesses high degree of knowledge of machines and mechanical equipment with ability to diagnose source of trouble and to dismantle machines/mechanical equipment and perform repairs.
- Ability to lift, climb, bend, stoop, push and pull.
- Continuous standing and/or walking.
- Moderate physical effort- working frequently with average weights of ten to fifty pounds or continuously with lighter weights.
- Good eye/hand/foot coordination.
- Good visual acuity- cannot be colorblind.
- Ability to work in cold, hot and/or dusty environment, with noisy conditions.
- Occasional work outside in the elements.
- Ability to operate machine tools where time exceeds handling time.
- Must be able to become forklift certified.
- Must be able to lift fifty pounds independently.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: CNC Technician
Requisition Number: 645
EEO Employer Verbiage: