CNC Operator (Machinist)
Location: Stanton, California US
Job Number: 24180
CNC Operator (Machinist)
Company: Martinic Engineering
Primary Location: 10932 Chestnut Ave Stanton, CA-USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Must completely/independently be able to program, set-up and operate a CNC Machine to manufacture a highly complex series of parts. Work with close and high (tight) tolerances. Must produce high quality parts per drawing, specification or customer requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set-up various types of CNC Mills, making required adjustments to tooling/tools.
- Troubleshoot or rework any problems related to Set-up or tooling of the CNC Machine.
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, routers or other documentation related to the part.
- Determines reference points and direction of machine cutting paths.
- Sets tools per program, and adjust heights accordingly.
- Check first piece part before submitting to quality for buy off.
- Runs and spot checks parts during the operation.
- Keep machine and work area clean at all times.
- Make sure all tooling is returned to its proper place.
Education, Training, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to read and write English of a level required in Company shop documents.
- Must demonstrate and be capable of applying mathematical operations using fractions, decimals, trigonometry and geometry as required by machining operations.
- Must have demonstrated the capability to set - up and operate the CNC machines.
- Must be familiar with and capable of using Statistical Process Control.
- Must read precision measuring instruments such as comparators, indicator, calipers and micrometers.
- CAD/CAM experience in MASTER CAM and GIBBS Programming a plus
- May be required to perform other jobs as needed by the Company.
- Requires 3-5 yearsâ€™ work experience or equivalent skills and knowledge expertise in the set - up and operation of Computerized Numerical Control machines, tools and equipment which are similar or comparable to those used by the Company and which are necessary to fulfill job requirements.
(The essential functions have been provided as examples of types of work performed by team members assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job. The physical and mental demands described above are representative of those required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
This position requires access to information, or technology, which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a (i) citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) a lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e. â€Green Card Holderâ€); or (iii) a person admitted to the United States as a refugee, or granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Stanton, California US
Community / Marketing Title: CNC Operator (Machinist)
Requisition Number: 1538
EEO Employer Verbiage: