CNC Spinner Operator
Location: Huntsville, Alabama US
Job Number: 22831
CNC Spinner Operator
Company: Norris Cylinder Company
Primary Location: 521 Green Cove Road SE, Huntsville, AL 35803 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
JOB PURPOSE: The CNC Spinner will be responsible for performing a variety of operational functions that constitutes the production, inspection and distribution of products or services for our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs assignments in accordance with established safety policies and procedures.
- Adheres to the Quality Policy, including all items assigned to this position in accordance with ISO policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Complies with the work rules and standards set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Maintains good housekeeping and clean work areas in assigned work sites.
- Displays appropriate work ethics in the workplace and group settings which provides a positive work environment with co-workers.
- Refers to work order or procedural instructions appropriate for each job, function or assignment before commencing work.
- Performs any specified quality assurance checks designated for each job, function or assignment.
- Assures that all work assigned to position is performed in accordance with specifications, instructions and requirements.
- Demonstrates ability to meet production standards on specific assignments within a reasonable time, depending on the degree of difficulty of their job functions.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with CNCs.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Language Skills
Ability to read, analyze and interpret the documents relating to the job, function or assignment.
- Mathematical Skills
Ability to perform basic mathematical equations.
- Reasoning Ability
Ability to make decisions when identifying in-process problems. Ability to deal with a variety of job assignments.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MEASURES
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES SPECIFICATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not normally exposed to weather conditions. However the production areas are often hot and noisy and can be cold depending on the time of the year. The noise level in the work environment is high and ear protection is required.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US
Community / Marketing Title: CNC Spinner Operator
Requisition Number: 1385
EEO Employer Verbiage: