NDT Technician II
Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Number: 22503
NDT Technician II
Primary Location: 7300 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77061 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Quality Assurance Supervisor the NDT Technician is responsible for performing NDT industrial inspections of bolting and raw materials in MP, PT and UT disciplines.
Key Responsibilities & Activities:
- Set up and calibrate nondestructive testing equipment.
- Conduct tests to ensure quality to detect discontinuities using NDT methods of inspection.
- Establish techniques for proper examination of objects under inspection, ensuring strict adherence to safety regulations. Follow any assigned JSA.
- Apply testing criteria in accordance with applicable specifications or standards and evaluate results.
- Organize and report test results.
- May instruct and supervise others.
- Interface daily with manufacturing about work priorities and progress of projects
- Actively participate in programs, planning and strategy sessions
- Work closely with QC team to identify and remove obstacles
- Actively participate in Lamonsâ€™ safety initiatives, incident investigations, etc.
- Performs other related duties as business requires and assigned by employeeâ€™s leadership.
- Strong work ethic.
- Exceptional safety and quality awareness.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Adaptable to changing schedules.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Team work.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures.
- Willingness to travel.
- Detail oriented.
- High school diploma or GED
- Certified Level II in MP, PT, UT (both straight beam & sheer wave) on fillet and bend welds
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a manufacturing plant or quality environment
- Experience with hardness testing (Rockwell and Brinell & eddy current).
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: NDT Technician II
Requisition Number: 1100
EEO Employer Verbiage: