Injection Molding Technician
Location: Rohnert Park, California US
Job Number: 16569
Injection Molding Technician
Primary Location: 1200 Valley House Drive, Suite 100, Rohnert Park, CA 94928 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Serving a huge range of markets - from pharmaceutical and personal care to paints, solvents, oils and lubricants, Rieke Packaging Systems supplies both boutique manufacturers and the worldâ€™s top brands with drum closures, pump dispensers and custom packaging solutions. The Molding Technician will be responsible for mold set up, start up, and operation of Injection Molding Machines and ancillary equipment in support of a high volume injection molding operation. Molding Technicians are also responsible for mold cleaning and basic service and repair of ancillary equipment. The qualified individual will be able to install, repair, and maintain injection molding equipment, including but not limited to conveyors and sorters.
Responsibilities of the Molding Technician:
- Review production orders scheduled to run on a daily and weekly schedule.
- Color- make sure color feed does not run low, communicate with Quality Control especially when color running low.
- Coordinates Molding Machine production; orders to be run on daily basis, according to production schedule and order specification.
- Fills in orders and color running.
- Cycle time- makes sure cycle time is recorded, and if any cycle time changes, makes sure is noted.
- Shift change â€" must communicate with next shift any changes/concerns/problems.
- Record any changes to machine to correct problem, such as flash/thread/ trap caps.
- Perform preventative maintenance on molding machines & other equipment such as electric and hydraulic mold machines, hot runner tooling, and associated machinery as necessary.
- Evaluate molding processes to update and improve quality while maintaining safety & productivity.
- Set & start up production jobs while using current process procedures and databases for documenting and troubleshooting.
- Equipment problems, be able to repair the following; core top changes, Core pull switches and sensors, O-rings on tooling, mold tips, air valves on Husky for SSB, Fuses on mold temperature controllers, Hydraulic cylinders on molds, Hydraulic hoses from mold to machine inspection and replacement, water hoses from mold machine to inspection and replacement. If unable to repair must call for assistance from Production Supervisor/Maintenance Manager.
Required Qualifications of the Molding Technician:
Preferred Qualifications of the Molding Technician:
Rieke Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
City: Rohnert Park
Location_formattedLocationLong: Rohnert Park, California US
Community / Marketing Title: Injection Molding Technician
Requisition Number: 927
EEO Employer Verbiage: